Western New York Rural Area Health Education Center, Inc. (R-AHEC) takes your privacy seriously. Please read the following to learn more about our privacy statement.
- What This Privacy Statement Covers
- This policy covers how R-AHEC treats personal information that R-AHEC collects and receives, including information related to your past use of R-AHEC services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that R-AHEC does not own or control, or to people that R-AHEC does not employ or manage. R-AHEC AHEC is a regional center of the NYS AHEC System and as such shares your information with the administrative office.
Information Collection and Use
- R-AHEC collects personal information when you register with R-AHEC, when you use R-AHEC services or products, and when you visit R-AHEC pages.
- R-AHEC collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our organizational partners, including information about your use of services and products that we offer.
- R-AHEC automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, R-AHEC cookie information, and the page you request.
- R-AHEC uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the content you see, fulfill your requests for services and products, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
- R-AHEC does not ask a child under age 18 for more personal information, as a condition of participation, than is reasonably necessary to participate in a given activity, e.g. the Health Careers’ application process.
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
- R-AHEC does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated organizations except to provide services or products you have requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We may provide your information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with R-AHEC under confidentiality agreements. These organizations may use your personal information to help R-AHEC communicate with you about services and products from R-AHEC. However, these partners do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- R-AHEC may set and access R-AHEC cookies on your computer.
- R-AHEC may use web beacons to access R-AHEC cookies inside and outside our network of web sites and in connection with R-AHEC services and products.
- Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees whom we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information in order to provide services or products to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you.
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
- R-AHEC may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your R-AHEC account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us at:
20 Duncan Street
PO BOX 152 Warsaw NY 14569