William F. Thiel Hospitality House
Through the generosity of William F. Thiel, a trust was established to address health care needs in Wyoming County. Seed money from the Thiel Trust has evolved into a comfortable and restful nine-bed Hospitality House. The Hospitality House is located above and behind the hospital. The Thiel House is handicapped accessible but does not provide patient care. Individuals or families facing a health care crisis, on-call or visiting medical professionals and others may stay at Thiel House. In addition, half the house is committed for use by health professions and medical students willing to do a rural rotation in our county. It is our hope that their experience will lead some of them to choose Wyoming County or other local rural communities as their future home, ensuring that the necessary mix of health professionals is available in rural communities.
- Health profession students serving a rural rotation at WCCHS or another nearby preceptorship.
- Health Professionals providing services at WCCHS (on-call, visiting physicians) needing temporary housing.
- Family of loved ones in crisis at WCCHS or another facility.
- Any community members and visitors with temporary housing needs.
Services & Amenities:
- Single Rooms 301-304: each single room contains 1 queen bed, a large private bathroom (linens and towels provided), plenty of closet space, desk and chair, and a 55-inch TV for entrainment. A small kitchenette featuring a mini refrigerator/freezer, microwave, and a single serve coffee maker.
- Suite 100 features 2 bedrooms, one with 1 King bed, one with 2 Full XL beds, a shared bathroom (towels provided), a small living room with a sofa, chair, coffee table, and a 55-inch TV for entrainment. A small kitchenette featuring a buffet with hutch, an apartment size refrigerator/freezer, microwave, single serve coffee maker, and a dining table and chair set.
- Suite 200 contains 2 bedrooms, each with 1 King bed, a shared bathroom (towels provided), a small living room with a sofa, chair, coffee table, and a 55-inch TV for entrainment. A small kitchenette featuring a buffet with hutch, an apartment size refrigerator/freezer, microwave, single serve coffee maker, and a dining table and chair set.
- Fully-equipped modern shared kitchen (for guests to prepare their own meals.)
- On-site laundry facility with iron/ironing board
- Fitness room
- Complimentary wifi service in all bedrooms and common areas.
- Smart TV’s with Prime Video
- Digital HD Televisions
- Housekeeping service
- Gas Fireplace
- Outside patio/veranda
- Ample free parking
- Close proximity to Wyoming County Community Health System (WCCHS)
- Affordable short term and long term rates
If you would like to stay at the Thiel Hospitality House, contact us for room availability and rates per night/week. To make arrangements, call R-AHEC staff at 585-786-6275.