William F. Thiel Hospitality House
Through the generosity of William F. Thiel, a trust was established to address health care needs in Wyoming County. Seed money from the Thiel Trust has evolved into a comfortable and restful nine-bed Hospitality House. The Hospitality House is located above and behind the hospital. The Thiel House is handicapped accessible but does not provide patient care. Individuals or families facing a health care crisis, on-call or visiting medical professionals and others may stay at Thiel House. In addition, half the house is committed for use by health professions and medical students willing to do a rural rotation in our county. It is our hope that their experience will lead some of them to choose Wyoming County or other local rural communities as their future home, ensuring that the necessary mix of health professionals is available in rural communities.
- Health profession students serving a rural rotation at WCCHS or another nearby preceptorship.
- Health Professionals providing services at WCCHS (on-call, visiting physicians) needing temporary housing.
- Family of loved ones in crisis at WCCHS or another facility.
- Any community members and visitors with temporary housing needs.
- Services & Amenities:
- Rooms: each room contains 1 queen bed and private bathroom
- Suites: Suite 1 contains 2 bedrooms, one with 1 Kind bed, one with 2 Full XL beds, a shared bathroom, and a shared living room with a couch, chair and table. Suite 2 contains 2 bedrooms, each with 1 King bed, a shared bathroom, and a shared living room with a couch, chair and table
- Fully-equipped modern kitchen (for guests to prepare their own meals.)
- On-site laundry facility with iron/ironing board
- Fitness room
- Complimentary wifi service in all bedrooms and common areas.
- Digital HD Televisions
- Close proximity to Wyoming County Community Health System (WCCHS)
- Affordable short term and long term rates
- Housekeeping service
- Gas Fireplace
- Outside patio/veranda
- Ample free parking
If you would like to stay at the Thiel Hospitality House, please book here to view room availability and rates per night/week.
If you would like to stay at the Thiel Hospitality House, contact us for room availability and rates per night/week. To make arrangements, call R-AHEC staff at 585-786-6275.